What’s it like to live in an active senior living community?
Deciding to downsize is a big decision to make, and there are a lot of aspects to take into consideration. A common starting point is deciding whether or not to move to a new community where residents can live worry-free and without the burdens that come along with homeownership.
As you research, you may come across what is referred to as an active adult or active senior community. Typically, these communities are for residents that are age 55 and over, and offer all types of great benefits and perks. Think an active senior living community is right for you? We’ve put together a few of the many benefits of living in a community like Fox Hill in Bethesda, MD.
Benefits of an active senior living community
Active adult communities are designed with a retirement-friendly and low-maintenance lifestyle in mind. In addition to a worry-free lifestyle, many residents get to experience other perks, like art classes and fitness trainers. Below are a few great benefits that residents at Fox Hill get to experience every day:
- Dining: Resident foodies feel right at home through Fox Hill’s dining services. Chefs at Fox Hill seek out fresh and locally sourced produce and ingredients so they can provide delicious and unique food every day. Whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, or want to have a casual meal with friends, Fox Hill offers several different dining experiences, each providing 5-star service from staff members.
- Condominiums: When you become a resident of Fox Hill, you also become an owner of one of Fox Hill’s luxurious condominiums. As a condominium owner, you have the option to remodel and decorate to suit your style. Have pets? They can live with you as well at Fox Hill! Floor plans include 9-foot ceilings, large windows and open kitchens – all great for entertaining guests. At Fox Hill, meticulous attention to detail is put into resident homes with features such as crown molding, gas fireplaces and granite countertops. Interested in seeing one in person? Schedule a tour today!
- Full-Service Spa and Salon: Everybody could use a spa day every now and then. At Fox Hill, residents benefit from having their very own spa and salon within the community. Whether you need a quick touchup to your hair, or you are treating yourself to a full spa day, there’s something for everyone at the spa and salon – and you don’t have to travel far to get there! You can check out all of the services offered at the Sanctuary Spa and Salon at Fox Hill by clicking here.
- Fitness and Wellness: Incorporating a lifestyle with wellness and fitness is one of the many benefits of an active senior living community like Fox Hill. Personal trainers like the ones at Fox Hill help design an exercise program specifically for residents’ unique needs. The modern fitness center also offers group classes such as yoga, water aerobics, Zumba and a variety of other classes that help residents focus on building strength, endurance, balance, flexibility and stability.
- Arts and Culture: Living in a community with lifelong learners means there’s always interesting arts, cultural and educational programs happening around you. A common trait of active senior living communities is the access residents have to a variety of events and activities to help expand on their creative and cognitive abilities. This can include art classes, trips to local attractions and museums and guest speakers. Fox Hill offers a large array of programs, so there’s always something available for everyone.
Is an active senior living community right for you?
An active adult community provides residents with plenty of lifestyle amenities, like fitness programs, social and educational events, and unique floor plans to call home. Communities like Fox Hill offer residents accessible ways to stay active and involved, while also providing peace of mind and relaxation.
To learn more about Fox Hill, located in Bethesda, MD, and why residents call it home, be sure to schedule a tour today to meet with one of our friendly staff members.